How It Works
The operation of the patented ION ScaleBuster requires a moving stream of water to enable the hydrodynamic process to work.
- As water flows through, cavitation within the ION ScaleBuster chamber unit produces violent pressure changes that break up bicarbonate molecules and the dielectric materials produce static effects.
- The galvanizing action of the ION ScaleBuster causes the breakdown of calcium and magnesium bicarbonates in the solution, (hardness in the water) which precipitate less soluble carbonates.
- As a result, the treated water becomes less saturated and is able to dissolve existing deposits over time.
- The combination of these effects is repeated many times. Once the salts are precipitated or removed, this action improves the flow and overall efficacy and efficiency of the piping system.
A Better Solution to Scale & Corrosion
Based on the unique advantages our innovative technology, ION ScaleBuster has become the choice of major firms and municipalities around the world for corrosion and scale removal in pipeworks and equipment.
- Proven worldwide for over 20 years
- Significant installed base of 300,000+ units
- Zero operating costs – requires no chemicals, magnets or electricity
- Decreases resistance in piping – reducing energy required for pumping
- Coagulates suspended particles in water to enhance filtration efficiency
- Maximizes the efficiency of heating elements
- Minimizes downtime and maintenance
- Extends operational life of metal piping and equipment
- Safe, chemical-free operation—no special handling or storage requirements
- Long-acting treatment
- Low internal flow resistance
- Less dependent on flow conditions than magnetic-based systems
- Certified for potable water by W.R.A.S (UK), ACS (France), TUV GS (Europe), NSF (USA)
- Installation flexibility – compact design simplifies retrofits
- Minimal maintenance – no mechanical moving parts to be replaced